- This event has passed.
ONE DAY CAFÉ for World AIDS Day
December 1, 2018
Celebrate World AIDS Day with the ONE DAY CAFÉ
World AIDS Day on Saturday December 1, 2018 is a day dedicated to commemorate those who have passed on and to raise awareness about AIDS and the global spread of the HIV virus.
Please join the United Way of Chatham Kent at “The 425”, 425 McNaughton Avenue in Chatham, in support of people living with HIV/AIDS. Through the ONE DAY CAFÉ, our very own Chef Scott Roose will prepare a delicious three-course meal with wine parings.
The ONE DAY CAFÉ is all about smashing stigma of those living with HIV/AIDS.
- ONE DAY HIV treatments will be available to everyone one who needs them;
- ONE DAY we will be free of stigma against HIV;
- ONE DAY we will have a cure and no longer need to talk about HIV.
The ONE DAY CAFÉ is literally a pop-up café that will only be open for one day, but more importantly it represents ONE DAY that people living with HIV can prove that HIV is nothing to fear. You cannot catch HIV from someone cooking or serving you food. On Saturday, December 1, 2018, come help us make a change in even more lives by coming to a fabulous dinner, lighting a candle at the vigil or making a donation to helping those affected with HIV/AIDS in Chatham Kent.
- Dinner Tickets: $75 Each (only 18 seats available). Doors Open at 5:30 p.m. Dinner served at 6:00 p.m.
- Candlelight Vigil and Presentation (All are Welcome). Tickets are free. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. Presentation begins at 7:30 p.m. at “The 425”.
For more information on the ONE DAY CAFÉ, visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/540884966431388/
To order tickets visit https://www.eventbrite.ca and search ‘ONE DAY CAFÉ’.
To make a donation to the Chatham-Kent United Way visit: http://uwock.ca/donate/.
For more information about Chatham-Kent United Way visit: http://uwock.ca/.