Public Health is inviting everyone to join in for a special community-wide celebration next week, marking Chatham-Kent’s vaccination success and encouraging more people to protect themselves and others from COVID-19.
Medical Officer Dr. David Colby says while the youth vaccination rate lags behind the rest of the province, there’s still time for kids 12 and up to get their shots before the school year starts. On a positive note, Dr. Colby says Chatham-Kent’s vaccination rate for those 60 and older is very strong.
People who are fully vaccinated are encouraged to:
- Share their reason on the virtual duct tape wall at IAmGettingVaccinatedBecause.com
- Post a photo or their vaccination story using the #TwoDoseSummerCK hashtag on social media
- Decorate your home with the I Am Getting Vaccinated Because firework or post this downloadable firework in your window
People who are not fully vaccinated are invited to complete their vaccination series by:
- Booking an appointment on or before August 5th
- Attending a walk-in clinic on or before August 5th
People who have not yet received the vaccine are encouraged to:
- Inform themselves with reliable information from trusted sources
- Talk to their health care provider
- Talk to a public health nurse by calling 519.355.1071 x 1900
- Visit a walk-in clinic to speak to a public health nurse
In order for Ontario to move out of Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen, the province needs to reach 80% of those age 12 and up with a first dose, 75% with 2nd dose AND no health unit under 70% double vaccinated.