1 lb sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch thick rounds
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons chipotle salsa
1Pinch of kosher salt
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350. Toss the sliced potatoes with oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Lay the potatoes flat, in a single layer, on a greased cookie sheet. Be sure they aren’t over lapping. Bake for about 25-35 minutes or until tender and browned but not mushy. You still want some bite to them.
3. While the potatoes are roasting, mix the beans, salsa, kosher salt and cilantro in a small bowl.
4. When potatoes are done, remove from oven and top each round with a good amount of bean mixture. I used a tablespoon but this will depend on your potato size.
5. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Remove and top with a piece of cilantro for garnish. Serve warm.