SCALED-DOWN WAMBO SCHEDULED FOR THANKSGIVING WEEKEND
The Board of Directors for the Wallaceburg Antique Motor and Boat Outing (WAMBO) are announcing a scaled-down version of their event, scheduled for Thanksgiving Weekend.
“We are looking forward to keeping the spirits up in the community, by bringing a scaled-down version of WAMBO to Wallaceburg, in hopes to get back to a full fledged event in 2022,” said Bill Wolsing, WAMBO’s chair.
“With the impacts of the pandemic still lingering, WAMBO will look a bit different this year. There won’t be a refreshment tent, food vendors, or many other activities our community loves due to logistical reasons, but we’ll have a few staples for everyone to enjoy. ”
Activities scheduled to take place, include:
Friday, October 8th:
- All Day Arrival of boats on the Sydenham River
- Terry Glover Memorial Cruise
- Participants will meet at the mall parking lot, located at 60 McNaughton Avenue in Wallaceburg, at 6 p.m. and the cruise will leave at 7 p.m.
- Registration will take place in the mall parking lot prior to the cruise and the vehicle limit is set at 200.
- Live Entertainment from Leave Those Kids Alone – 8PM in the James Street Municipal Parking Lot
Saturday, October 9th:
- The Final Wallaceburg Farmers’ Market of 2021 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- The Annual WAMBO Classic Car Show, Including Fire Trucks & Motorcycles
- Live Entertainment – To Be Announced
Saturday Entertainment TBA
“Boaters are welcome to come dock in the downtown core along the Sydenham River, understanding the time of year may make it difficult, but we encourage people to come by water and enjoy the day. We also encourage everyone to support our local restaurants and licensed establishments during the event.”
Wolsing added: “It is also exciting to partner with the Wallaceburg Farmers’ Market and the Downtown Wallaceburg BIA this year, as they wrap-up another incredibly successful season.”
COVID-19 protocols will be in place for all WAMBO activities this year, Wolsing said.